Content development / Copywriting / Production / Social Media
Digital Campaign across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Newsletter.
The brief: ‘Inside your bag’ was a digital campaign I developed for the BA (Hons) Cordwainers Fashion Bags and Accessories course at London College of Fashion (LCF), as a way of raising awareness of the course and connecting with young creative people who are interested in fashion, style, design and accessories.
The idea: My idea was to play upon the well recognised role of the handbag as a major fashion and style staple, but to have a peek inside the handbags of the very students who create the handbags, and to therefore give an insight into their daily lives, creative ideas and style.
What else? It had to be eye-catching and fun, and had to play upon the images of handbags you see on style blogs all over the web. It also had to celebrate the students and their work, bringing the whole process of creating a handbag to a new audience. I decided RAINBOW was the best way forward. Photographer Emmi Hyyppä brought it all together, creating exactly what was needed.
The campaign: It had to work across all social channels, but it was designed to lead on Instagram in order to best engage with LCF’s audience of young, creative people.
It was anchored by a blog post which explored the style stories behind the images and was based on interviews I conducted with the students whose bags were photographed.
The result: The campaign was very popular, gaining some of LCF’s biggest number of likes and generating lots of conversation:
- 682 likes and comments on the images on Instagram
- 40 favourites and retweets of the images on Twitter
- 198 total likes on the Facebook album and its images
- 500 page views to the individual blog post, not to count the views it would have received whilst on the front of the LCF News blog which had 24,734 page views for the month of March
- 30 likes on the share of the blog post on Facebook
- 34 tweets about the blog post
- The average time spent on the blog post since it was published until June 2015 is 4m53s. This means viewers are really reading it!
The imagery and stories generated have proven to be great collateral, useful for anyone who needs to show off what the course is about and used across web and print.
- Contact me if you’ve got a something creative that you need to tell the world about